Gamma Knife is an advanced radiation treatment used for treating brain tumors and other disorders of brain such as arteriovenous malformation,trigeminal neuralgia.The radiosurgery system irradiates the tumor or the affected area with extreme precision while sparing the surrounding healthy tissue.It is a viable non invasive alternative to conventional brain surgery without the side effects that are normally associated with traditional brain surgery.
Benefits of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery treatment
Gamma knife is referred to as bloodless surgery for brain disorders.
- The treatment is carried out in a single session.
- Generally Outpatient procedure or sometimes overnight hospital stay may be required.
- Quick recovery and early resumption of normal activities.
- No need to cut open the skull to carry out the treatment.
- Prevents complications such as hemorrhage or infection, that may be associated with traditional neurosurgery, since there is no incision.
- Ideal for treating very small targets present deep in the brain and in sensitive areas.
- Spares surrounding healthy tissue.
- Treatment with extreme precision.
- The cost of treatment with Gamma Knife is 25% to 30% cheaper than that of the conventional Neurosurgery.
- Works best for inoperable or complex tumors.
- FDA approved radiation therapy for Brain Metastasis.
Gamma Radiosurgery is being effectively and safely used in treating the following medical conditions:
- Very small to moderate size brain tumors even deep seated ones or at sensitive position such as
- Pituitary adenomas
- Acoustic Neuromas
- Vascular malformations in the brain such as AVM(Arteriovenous malformation)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Parkinson’s disease
- Essential tremors
- Intractable Epilepsy
- Post surgery remaining tumor cells.
SCAN AND SEND YOUR MEDICAL REPORTS TO GET FREE NO OBLIGATION OPINION ON THE BEST TREATMENT PLAN FOR YOU ALONG WITH THE COST ESTIMATE FROM TOP NEUROSURGEONS AND RADIATION ONCOLOGISTS AT BEST CANCER HOSPITALS OF INDIA